Sunday, May 29, 2011

Horizon Hobby Spektrum DX6i Joystick fix

Wanna fix your broken Spektrum joystick without shipping it back and forth to Horizon Hobby, and paying $30/hr to have them fix it? OK!!!



I tried to get a new joystick unit for my Spektrum DX6i transmitter because the rudder pot. was bad. I had read that this is a common problem with this transmitter, and there was even a recall by Spektrum, but mine didn't have the right lot code number.
After a few emails back and forth from Horizon Hobby it was clear they wouldn't sell me one. They would have me send them the unit, and fix it for $30/hr. I didn't think this was needed since the joystick unit is so easy to replace, and I don't want to risk shipping it back and forth, and waiting some unknown period of time.
"No" they said, and I said something to myself that isn't really family orientated so I'll refrain from repeating it here.
I'm no dummy, so I fixed it myself. I wanted the other unit in case this happens again.
They could fix all my anger and hurt feelings by sending me a joystick unit, however. All will be forgiven if they did.
Will you send my a joystick unit Horizon Hobby?

No comments:

Post a Comment